Coffee has recently moved to her forever home. She has joined our Pet Health Plan and Weight Club.
She has already made a brilliant start losing 1.3kg in 2 weeks!
“So proud of her want to join her club to lose that much in 2 weeks!”
How to help your pet lose weight
Embracing healthy choices is a great way to combat pet obesity, and what better time to think about getting fit than spring?
To keep your pet at a healthy weight, practice the following fitness tips:
• Follow your pet’s recommended diet and portion sizes. Our vets and nurses are also happy to make recommendations to help you improve your pet’s diet.
• Avoid indulging him or her in treats. Instead, give verbal praise, interactive games, new toys, or affection.
• Daily exercise is essential for all animals. Keep your pet moving with at least 20-30 minutes of physical activity or interactive play each day. Bonus: it’s good for pet owners, too!
• Follow up with your pet’s annual check and vaccinations to assess weight, nutrition, and other important health care needs.
• Table scraps and other people food contributes to weight gain and puts our pets at increased risk for pancreatitis and other conditions.
• Learn how to spot weight gain in your pet and whether he or she is at a healthy weight.
Although it’s tempting to give in to those big, begging eyes, stick with providing your pet with a highly nutritious diet and consistent exercise.
This is the best recipe to give your pet a longer, healthier life.
Finding a lump on your pet is a natural cause of concern for all pet owners
We provided Veterinary cover for the dog zone at the Royal County of Berkshire Show
While dogs with grass seeds are very common at GKG Vets over the summer months, they are easily preventable